DfE confirm the 'Doubling of the Primary PE & Sport Premium' to go ahead for 2020- 2021.
For this academic year, Redwood Primary School have received of Sports Premium Funding. This funding will allow us to enhance and increase our sports provision across the school - our school action plan can be found at the top of this page.
Purpose of funding:
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. Please see our curriculum section of the website to see the PE coverage map.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
From September 2013, schools will be held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspectors’ handbook’ and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.