Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in outdoor natural environment.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
Throughout the Summer Term children from across Key Stage 2 have been participating in an after school Forest School Club. We have planted plants and cleaned and brought and area of disused land back into use. We have looked at different wildlife making habitats and bird feeders and even had a go at making fairy fires which is not as easy as it looks! Well done Forest School Club.
In November, Redwood Primary School were successful in a bid for a mixture of free sapling trees from The Woodland Trust. Children from across the school were invited to plant these trees to begin creating our Forest School area.