Redwood Primary is set in the heart of a diverse community with links to many local businesses, faith groups and the local council. We work closely with all of these groups to enrich our curriculum, develop the children's understanding of the community they live in and help them learn how to be responsible citizens. We also have a strong belief in raising pupils' aspirations through sharing the many career opportunities on offer in their city and beyond.
Our community projects have included:
- The School Safe Haven Project - working with Derby City Council to close the road to traffic at the start and end of the school day making a safer, greener environment for our pupils and their families.
- Working with the local council/community groups to provide Christmas gifts to disadvantaged local youngsters.
- Visits to and from the local Flowerworld factory to take part in flower arranging workshops.
- Links with Rolls-Royce to develop pupils' understanding of STEM-related learning.
- Visiting the local residential homes with a school choir to share Christmas carols.
- Links with Derby University to understand the opportunities higher education can provide.
- Working with a local football coach to develop a new community-based team, Redwood Colts FC