As part of Derby city’s commitment to inclusion, the local authority's inclusion group has introduced the 'Inclusion Charter.'
This Inclusion Charter acts as a common code of practice for schools in Derby and sets out five key principles for an inclusive school.
The Inclusion Charter can have a positive impact on children and young people by supporting schools to:
• Create a positive school culture
• Provide a sense of belonging
• Improve mental health and well-being
• Increase engagement
• Ensure equitable opportunities
• Raise aspirations and expectations
• Improve outcomes