Inclusion Quality Mark
We were awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark in 2023. This award recognises the ongoing commitment by our school to provide the very best education for all children irrespective of differences.
As part of Derby city’s commitment to inclusion, the local authority's inclusion group has introduced the 'Inclusion Charter.'
This Inclusion Charter acts as a common code of practice for schools in Derby and sets out five key principles for an inclusive school.
The Inclusion Charter can have a positive impact on children and young people by supporting schools to:
• Create a positive school culture
• Provide a sense of belonging
• Improve mental health and well-being
• Increase engagement
• Ensure equitable opportunities
• Raise aspirations and expectations
• Improve outcomes