Welcome to 6J's class page.
Your class teacher this year is Miss Jones. Here you will find lots of information about what is happening in 6J and around the school.
Reading is one of the most important skills children must master to succeed in school and in life. Almost everything we do involves reading of some form.
Here are just a few reasons why we encourage all children to read:
- Reading expands a child's vocabulary.
- Reading helps to build independence and self-confidence
- It helps children make more sense of the world around them.
- It increases your knowledge. The more you read, the more you know.
- It takes you to places you've never been to before, and it enhances your imagination.
- You learn about things, places, history, science, ideas and so much more.
- It teaches you about grammar, sentence structures and enhances your writing skills.
- The more you read the better you are at it.
Everyday children participate in 30 minutes of guided reading. However, it is vital that children read at home. Every time a child reads at home and their record is signed they will receive 2 dojos.